QELN actively advocates for high-quality, accessible not-for-profit early learning and care programs. Learn more about QELN’s position on the key issues that affect early learning and care:
Publications and position papers
- Child and Family Centres – a catalyst for system reengineering. A proposed conceptual framework for Child and Family Centres, community destination points where children and families come together to participate in a wide range of programs, services and supports and/or be connected to specialized services through systems navigators or brokers.
- Solutions – how the Ontario government can rescue and ensure the viability and quality of the province’s child care system. An open paper to Ontarians about the unprecedented crisis in child care and recommendations for a practical way forward.
- QELN Response to Ontario Ministry of Education discussion paper: Modernizing Child Care in Ontario. Recommendations to Hon. Laurel Broten, Minister of Education.
- QELN Profile Infographic. 2017.
- QELN Provincial Five-Year CCEYA Legislative Review Submission: Reducing Administrative Burden in Child Care. July 2020.
- QELN Provincial Five-Year CCEYA Legislative Review Submission: Integrated and Sustained Licensed Child Care in the New Normal. July 2021.
- Building an Affordable, Accessible, Responsive, Inclusive and High Quality Early Learning and Child Care System. 2021.
- QELN 2021/2022 Budget Consultation Recommendations.